Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

In the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost the protagonist represents a man stuck between two decisions. It seems like he has come to a cross road in life and  is confused on which road to take and doesn't know what is to come next when he chooses one road.The author wants to tell us that life is hard and sometimes we have are stuck between two decisions.
In the first stanza " Two roads diverged in yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both" shows that the speaker has came across the two decisions and doesn't know what road to take because he can only take one road. In the third stanza " Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted I should ever come back" shows that the speaker has already chose a road because he doubts if he should ever come back and he doesn't know what is going to happen in the future if he keeps on traveling in this path. In the last stanza " Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by" shows that the speaker chose the right path and he doesn't want to go back to the two diverged roads.
My claim connects to me because growing up you sometimes get stuck in between two decisions and it may be hard to choose one. My claim also connects to teenagers and humanity because everyone has to make a tough decisions in life like who may be the right person for you and who is actually your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment